Employment law is constantly changing and is increasingly complicated. It throws up some of the most difficult legal issues that businesses and individuals have to face. We specialise in advising employers of all shapes and sizes, as well as regularly acting for directors, executives and employees. So whatever the employment law problem you are facing, our team can help you solve it.
Your business, irrespective of its size, is obliged to comply with a large number of rules and regulations that govern the way in which you deal with your staff. We are here to share that burden with you. We will help you to navigate your way through the problems and challenges that arise within your workplace. We do this by working with you, knowing and understanding your business and providing you with all the advice and support that you need.
We regularly help businesses with:
- Updating contracts, policies, procedures and handbooks
- Managing employment issues (including discipline, grievances, performance and absence management)
- Defending Employment Tribunal claims
- Dismissals, redundancies and restructuring
- Preparing settlement agreements
- Advising on the employment aspects of the sale and transfer of businesses
- Providing in-house training on HR and employment law issues
If you are facing problems at work, we are here to help. You will benefit from our experience of advising directors, executives and employees at all levels and in all sectors. Whether you are facing redundancy or disciplinary action, whether you wish to raise a grievance or an Employment Tribunal claim, we are likely to have seen it before and can guide you through the process.
We provide advice on the full range of employment rights and regularly help with:
- Pursuing Employment Tribunal claims
- Reviewing contracts of employment and directors’ service agreements
- Negotiating settlement agreements
- Advising on disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advising on redundancies
- Advising on confidentiality and competition issues
Contact James Willis, our Head of Employment, to learn more about how we can help.