We can provide a range of training sessions, covering a wide variety of employment law issues. Our sessions can be run for groups of all sizes or even for individuals. We adopt an informal approach and encourage attendees to ask questions throughout. This helps us to concentrate on the issues that interest you the most, ensuring that you get the most out of the experience.
Best of all, we run our sessions when and where you want us to (within reason!) and we do not charge you a penny*. It is our way of showing our commitment to helping businesses and other organisations acquire the skills and knowledge needed to meet the challenges posed by modern employment laws.
How do people rate our training sessions?
Our training sessions have been widely praised by attendees as “brilliant” and “informative”. James Willis, the specialist employment lawyer that runs our training sessions, has been described as “a very good orator”.
What sort of training is on offer?
Our most popular training sessions are set out below. But we can run sessions on a wide variety of other subjects. So if you have a ‘training need’ and would like to see how we can help, please get in touch.
Our most popular training sessions
Details of our most popular training sessions are set out below.
Employment Law 101
This session provides an overview of the UK’s main employment laws and explains how they underpin good HR practice. We cover (amongst other things) the following:
- the various sources of contractual terms;
- what an employment contract should cover;
- common mistakes in employment contracts;
- how implied contractual terms can affect the employment relationship;
- how unfair dismissal laws work; and
- the main forms of unlawful discrimination.
Equality and Diversity – an overview of discrimination laws
This session provides an introduction to (or a reminder of) the fundamental legal principles that underpin discrimination laws in the UK. We cover (amongst other things) the following:
- the grounds on which employers might unlawfully discriminate (there are more than you might think);
- the various forms that unlawful discrimination can take;
- the stages of the employment relationship at which discrimination can take place;
- particular issues relating to disability discrimination; and
- the interaction between employment policies and discrimination laws.
Taking Disciplinary Action – 10 Mistakes Employers Make
This session exposes the most common mistakes that employers make when dealing with disciplinary proceedings. We cover (amongst other things) the following:
- suspensions and investigations;
- how to formulate a robust disciplinary invitation letter;
- the key requirements of a fair disciplinary hearing;
- how to document a disciplinary decision; and
- how to deal with overlapping disciplinaries and grievances.
If you would like to find out more about the employment law training that we can provide, please contact James Willis (Head of Employment Law) at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Although we do not charge for these training sessions, we reserve the right to decline requests for training at times of high demand or for any other reason.