Our Litigation Team, headed by Ian Price and John Lovatt, provides a focused, practical service to clients in developing win-win solutions. We always aim to be proactive, commercially minded and approachable.
Our team of litigators specialise in the following practice areas:
- Commercial Contract Disputes
- Property Litigation
- Education Law
- Personal Injury
- Enforcement of IP Rights
In addition to litigating through the Courts, all of the team is experienced in alternative dispute resolution, including mediation where appropriate. Recent instructions include:
- Advising FTSE100 client on the disposal of a significant multi-occupied office building in the City including managing the exit strategy against the Corporation of London and that of the client’s subtenants and managing complex dilapidations liabilities arising on the exit.
- The trademark litigation for all UK based subsidiaries of a New York stock exchange listed multi-national manufacturing group.
- Acting for leading Formula 1 Team in connection with a complex contractual dispute arising out of a breach of contract.
- The pursuit of a complex 1.8 million Euro cross-border fraud claim involving UK and German subsidiary companies in the aviation service industry.
- Local (and South East) lease renewal actions (contested), including a managed exit of High Street office premises in Guildford for the UK subsidiary of a US Fortune 500 listed recruitment company.
- A market leading marketing agency (part of a £65 million turnover group) against a consequential loss claim resulting from a brand campaign, including managing the onward supplier claims and insurers’ indemnities.
- Multiple instructions from Crawley Borough Council on their commercial property portfolio, including forfeitures, recovery of rent arrears, complex recovery of property disputes and contentious renewals.
- High Court action for breach of contract and commercial loan repayment, obtaining Judgment in excess of £1.2m and securing against the debtor’s assets.
- Instructions from independent schools, including successfully resolving a potentially high profile and damaging dispute in connection with the exclusion of pupils from the school.