We are coming round to that time of year again when we see changes to the basic rates for statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay and the like. With this in mind, you might want to make a note of the following.
With effect from 1 April 2019:
• the maximum limit on a week's pay for statutory redundancy pay purposes will increase from £508 to £525; and
• the maximum compensatory award for most unfair dismissal claims will increase from £83,682 to £86,444.
On the same day, National Minimum Wage rates will change as follows:
• National Living Wage goes from £7.83 to £8.21;
• NMW rate for 21-24 years old goes from £7.38 to £7.70;
• NMW rate for 18-20 year olds goes from £5.90 to £6.15;
• NMW rate for 16-17 year olds goes from £4.20 to £4.35; and
• NMW rate for apprentices goes from £3.70 to £3.90.
Finally, with effect from 6 April 2019, statutory sick pay will increase from £92.05 to £94.25 per week. And with effect from 7 April 2019:
• the standard rate for statutory maternity pay will increase from £145.18 to £148.68 per week; and
• the rate for Statutory Paternity Pay, Statutory Adoption Pay and Statutory Shared Parental Pay will also increase from £145.18 to £148.68 per week.
If you have any queries about all of this, please get in touch.