Go back to the home page
stevensdrake are a well-established firm of solicitors based in Crawley, West Sussex.
We are excited to present a new vacancy for a Debt Recovery Paralegal in our focused but friendly Collections Department.
The role will require the post-holder to provide a debt recovery service for the Department’s clients, ensuring that there is a consistent and professional level of service at all times.
Hours: 35 hours per week during our standard office opening hours 08:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday.
If you are a motivated individual with the desire to succeed, a career with stevensdrake would be perfect for you.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties will include:
• Telephone collections;
• Sending letters/emails;
• Handling incoming calls and correspondence;
• General administrative tasks.
• Processing applications to court
• Appointing external contractors
Experience of debt recovery, collections or credit control is essential. You will need to demonstrate experience in dealing with people, possibly in a customer service environment. The ideal candidate will be confident in dealing with clients and debtors on the telephone. Training will be provided.
You will need:
• Computer skills including Internet Explorer and all MS Office programmes;
• Excellent communication & people skills (written, verbal and telephone);
• Good negotiation skills;
• Work independently and able to manage own case load
• Great attention to detail
• To be target driven;
• To be a good team player and flexible.
Working with us, you can expect to receive a range of benefits including:
• Continued development and full training
• A pension scheme
• Death in service scheme
• A yearly performance appraisal
To apply for this role, email your CV and cover letter to the Head of Collections at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.