Go back to the home page
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to address your concerns and improve our service standards for the future.
If you have a complaint which has not been resolved by the person dealing with your matter, please contact Mr James Willis, our Client Care Officer. You can write to him at 117-119 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 1DD. Alternatively, you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
On receipt of a complaint, we will normally respond as follows:
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you for any further information we may require in order properly to investigate it. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our initial acknowledgement letter within 7 days of us receiving your complaint.
2. Once we have received any further information we may have requested from you, we will confirm in writing what will happen next in relation to the handling of your complaint. You can expect to hear from us within 7 days of you providing the additional information we have requested.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. The investigation is likely to involve one or more of the following steps:-
4. Once we have completed our investigation, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter, where appropriate. We normally expect to resolve complaints within 28 days of receipt. If, for whatever reason, we believe the process may take longer, we will let you know.
5. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied with our response, you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:-
6. We will normally let you know the result of the review within 14 days of receipt of your further complaint. If, for whatever reason, we believe the process may take longer, we will let you know. Our written response to your further complaint will confirm our final position and explain our reasons.
7. If you are unhappy with the outcome of our complaints procedure, you may take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, whose contact details are as follows:
Phone: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm
Address: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
8. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
If we have to change any of the time-scales set out in our complaints procedure, we will let you know and explain why.